Transformation via Sustainability
Improving Your Triple Bottom Line - Profit, People & Planet
To remain viable and competitive in an environment where the triple bottom line (economic, social and environmental success) is becoming increasingly important, clients, regardless of their size, can choose to tap into our disarmingly simple approach.
Take a moment and read the bullets in the purple, gold and green outer areas of the diagram. You see that they are all indicative of behaviors and thought patterns that are not reflective of sound, well-run companies. They reflect ongoing fire fighting and damage control as the normal operating style.
As you review the blended inner areas, you will see that many of the bullets reflect the higher levels of performance typified in well-led organizations as they are raising the bar and integrating various facets of the business.
Finally, as you read the overlapping area reflected by sustainability, you notice that all those bullets are consistent with a economically viable, thriving enterprise.
Sustainability and Implementation
Transforming Your Company
A tailored approach that is unique to YOU
Because every business is unique with its inherent advantages, challenges and timing concerns, our approach is not a one-size-fits-all approach.
After we listen carefully to you and your colleagues, we gather whatever data is needed to help you make a smart, well-thought-out decision. We collaborate with you to arrive at a project scope and timeline for implementation that stacks the deck in your favor and makes the most sense to all concerned.
Sustainability Implementation Model
How it can all fit together for your organization
The following implementation model has been very helpful in helping others to:
- assess their sustainability initiatives,
- prioritize objectives throughout the company,
- develop meaningful goals and actionable plans, and
- get them moving through the levels to a successful transformation.
The results continue to speak for themselves.
Remember, you don't have to go through this alone or risk your company being left behind.
Contact us and get started down your path to transformation today.
Sustainability Outcomes and Results
The following are examples of the types of results that have been achieved as a result of the facilitated processes we will bring to your situation.
It is important to note that these results were generated by the employees of their respective organizations. You will notice that the process engages people quickly therefore the commitment was extremely high, the gains were fast, and the results sustainable.
- A community Hospital (270 beds) was looking for ways to improve their overall effectiveness in the community and for their patients and impacted family members. They embarked on a three year improvement plan that started with the development of a strategy. What followed was the implementation of a management development process to improve the skills and attitudes of management. In addition, core processes were revised, and waste was eliminated. This resulted in improved financial performance, improved patient and employee satisfaction, decreased ALOS, and improved environmental impact by decreasing waste and costs. The organization received numerous awards and was recognized in their community and state.
- A small manufacturing company increased their capacity within one week by participating in a tailored cycle time reduction process, saving $1.2 million. They redesigned their production scheduling and work-in-process systems to better utilize their existing resources.
- A family-owned kitchen design business reduced the amount of time it took them to produce approved designs by 56%. They also reduced their scrap by 34% after participating in a custom designed sustainability process.
- A medium-sized family-owned manufacturing company reduced rework, scrap, and waste in the production of pre-stressed concrete beams by creating a more efficient process for producing and communicating changes in specification drawings between sales, engineering, and production. In one week, they implemented solutions generating millions of dollars in annualized savings. In addition, because the employees were involved in creating the new process, their morale increased resulting in fewer grievances.
- A mid-sized manufacturing company eliminated 100% of their scrap metal by aligning with their suppliers to provide metal that fits their parts exactly rather than having to cut the parts from larger sheets of metal.
- A manufacturing company specializing in high stress fastening application products cut work-in-progress inventory in half, reduced monthly order expedites from more than 20% to less than 10% and eliminated a backlog while continuing their 90%+ on time performance. Real cash was produced and the operating improvements have now given them the game changing customer growth opportunity that was identified at the time.
- By redesigning how they operated their electrical repair department, a mid-sized energy company turned an expensive problem into a profit center. Taking their excess capacity and performing repairs and services for outside companies generated over $1 million in revenue its first year. A customized cycle time reduction process was implemented in five days to create this solution.
- A small manufacturer of electronic motors developed a strategy to reduce operating cost and waste. A cross-functional team (operations, finance, procurement, engineering, and a supplier) identified several core processes that were generating the greatest amount of waste and excess cost. In one week they successfully identified and implemented a new process with their supply chain. It reduced waste in one operation by 60% and generated less landfill waste.
Discover for yourself how powerful "Breakthrough Thinking for Your Real World" can be.
In our never-ending quest to serve you to the fullest, please do not hesitate to call, write, or email us with any of your pressing issues or concerns. Your thoughts and suggestions enable you to make us the absolute best in professional services!